8.09.2013

Cold-Brew Coffee


Cold Brew Coffee

I feel like we've come to a point in our blogging relationship where I can be open and honest with you about something I'm not proud of... I'm completely dependent on my daily morning and afternoon coffee.  As in cannot function without it.  It's unhealthy in more ways than one, I know, but I love it.  What I don't love is the amount of money I spend on it every month thanks to my penchant for high quality coffee and independently-owned cafes.

Cold Brew Coffee

Enter this homemade cold-brew coffee.  It couldn't be easier to make and saves my wallet (as well as my sanity) in those hot summer months when all I want is to have an iced coffee in hand at all times.  And maybe an ice cream cone in the other.


Cold-Brew Coffee
makes 2-3 servings

1/3 cup coarsely ground coffee
1 1/2 cups water

  1. Combine coffee and water in a 2-cup jar with a tight-fitting lid and let sit at room temperature for 12 hours or overnight.
  2. Strain/filter to remove grounds. (I like to pour the coffee through a coffee filter to make sure I remove all the grounds as well as the silt at the bottom.)
  3. Refrigerate until completely chilled and dilute with water and/or milk before serving as this is a very concentrated coffee. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a simple method of making cold brew coffee, I'm definitely going to give this a go at some point. Your way of doing this is most simplest that I've come across and has made me want to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Glad I could help, let me know how it turns out :)

      Delete