3.01.2012

Nutella Scones [club: BAKED]


Nutella Scone

I've been enjoying baking along with the Tuesdays With Dorie group so much that I decided to join another baking group that I just learned of, club: BAKED. They're baking their way through Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito. I have so many cookbooks that I never use, I'm super excited to know that I'll get a lot of use out of at least 2 of them now!

This is my first post for the group (they've already covered 16 of the 68 recipes in the book so I'm a little late) and I'm so glad I joined when I did because I would've been really disappointed to have missed out on baking these, they're AMAZING. They're a bit dry, but there's a ribbon of Nutella baked into the center that completely saves them. I skipped the hazelnuts because a) that was the only ingredient I didn't already have on hand, b) I was too lazy to go to the store, and c) they're expensive and I'm poor! The Nutella topping is what it's really all about anyway - it's excessive, overindulgent, and completely mandatory.

The recipe for these scones can be found here on the host of the week's blog.

24 comments:

  1. Yum! They sound great. I have both Baked books and everything I've made has been delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I only have the second one but now I wanna pick up the first one as well!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the group!! Your scones look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club! I am so glad you baked along with us this time. Your scones came out great and I love the picture with the coffee! I didn't include the nuts either. I think I would have liked these a bit sweeter, but overall they were good. them! I love the name of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the group. It's so nice that you are here! Your scones look great! I love the way you drizzled the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I actually transferred the heated Nutella to a ziploc bag and piped it onto the scones - I knew I wouldn't be able to drizzle it nicely from a spoon, lol.

      Delete
  5. Welcome! So glad you joined us. It's a small but fun group. Your scone looks perfect. I just read your comment about how you drizzled the Nutella. I have used ziplocs to pipe other things, but somehow didn't think to use it here. I will remember that for next time. Looking forward to baking with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for any excuse to use ziploc bags for piping, even when it's totally inappropriate and/or unnecessary - it makes me feel so cool, lol. Thanks for the welcome, so far everyone from the group has been so friendly :)

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the group. The piping of your Nutella looks great. I have so many cookbooks that I never use, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've made these and love them! The most memorable scones -- ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they definitely exceeded my expectations :)

      Delete
  8. Yet another wonderful use of one of the worlds best ingredients...Nutella. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time baking with Nutella and trust me, it won't be my last! lol

      Delete
  9. Gosh! These look great, nutella and scones together, even if a bit dry, must be spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is delicious, an amazing way to start the day :)

      Delete
  10. Welcome to the group! Glad you enjoyed these. Love your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for joining us! The nutella topping really is the key to these; I hope nobody every tries to leave that off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally agree, they'd be missing out hard-core!

      Delete
  12. welcome to the group! love your photo and your scone looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

      Delete