I'm so excited for fall!
Apple Cinnamon Scrumptious
adaped from here
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 apples (I used Fuji)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the butter and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs until blended, then mix in the brown sugar until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until moistened.
- Peel the apples and grate/shred them into another bowl, or directly over the dough. Fold the apples and juice into the dough until well incorporated. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick or paring knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 mintues before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. (Note - if after 45 minutes the loaf is not done baking but the top is browning too quickly, cover it loosely with a foil tent before putting it back in the oven. This should slow the browning on the top while the loaf finishes baking.)